Technical - Changing Settings
- These features are not available on this first version of the Wisp. The Wisp was built for convenience and ease of use. The Wisp is set up to maximize the efficiency of extraction, enabling you to get the most out of your pod with a one-touch system.
- This is a courtesy notification telling you the last time your Wisp was used, you or someone using your Wisp changed the passcode. That means it was either added, removed, or the previous code was changed. This notification will disappear after you use your Wisp again.
- This question is related to the setting or resetting of the security code, and provides an additional layer or protection to ensure only the authorized user has access to set and adjust the security code option.
Technical - Changing Spare Parts
- The mouthpiece is designed be easily cleaned while remaining durable. However, if you have a situation where you need to ensure maximum cleanliness – for example sharing the vapor bottle with another person or recovering from an illness – you can easily change the mouthpiece for hygiene and peace of mind. If you need replacement or spare mouthpieces, please visit our online store at www.wispvapor.com.
- The vapor bottle sleeve should be changed after approximately 60 uses max. This ensures the seals stay strong, preventing vapor from leaking from the vapor bottle, and the taste of the Wisp Pod is maintained. Having said that, some may prefer to change theirs sooner depending on personal preference. If you need replacement sleeves, please visit www.wispvapor.com.
Technical - Cleaning & Storage
- Securing your system is important to ensure appropriate access to either the Wisp or Wisp pods. The Wisp has an optional security code that can be set and changed, and storing the Wisp out of sight and reach will prevent unauthorized access.
- Wisp pods are purchased with a child-proof plastic container. For additional peace of mind, there are many solutions on the market that enable the security of Wisp pods via locks and/or child-proof bags. We suggest contacting your Wisp Pod retailer for recommendations on secondary security options that will work best for you.
- If you cleaned it following the Wisp Use & Care Guide and it was still damaged, please contact customer care.
- The Wisp vapor bottle is top rack dishwasher safe. Please remove the sleeve prior to placing in the dishwasher.
- Once the vapor bottle is clean and completely dry, ensure the top gasket is tight and replace the sleeve to use it again.
If rubber gaskets on the vapor bottle are still sticky after wash, you may clean them gently with rubbing alcohol.
Technical - Consuming Vapor
- Using your mouth, press gently down on the mouthpiece. This will open the one-way valve to release vapor. Take a small, slow draw or “sip” of vapor.
- You do not need to inhale the entire contents of the vapor bottle in one breath, nor do you need to hold vapor in your lungs any longer than normal – this does not change the effect of the vapor and could lead to coughing and irritation of your throat or lungs. Please take your time.
- Remember to leave the Wisp pod in the vapor bottle while you consume – this helps you extract the vapor from the vapor bottle more efficiently, and results in the deflating the vapor bottle sleeve in preparation for your next Wisp pod vaporization. The Wisp Pod can be removed once the vapor has been enjoyed.
- That will depend on the type of Wisp Pod you use, but generally the vapor should last 3-5 minutes.
- If you see vapor leaking from the vapor bottle after removing it, check to ensure both the Wisp pod and sleeve are installed correctly to enable a tight seal.
- If vapor is leaking through the mouthpiece of the vapor bottle, ensure nothing is lodged in the top components of the vapor bottle that may be propping open the one-way valve and allowing vapor to leak.
- You can recycle the pod according to your local regulations. Thank you for disposing of your Wisp pod responsibly.
- Coughing is one of our body’s natural responses to something foreign being introduced into the lungs. Generally, once you learn how to properly inhale the “wisps” and your lungs are used to the vapor, the coughing will stop. Taking smaller “wisps” from the vapor bottle should help.
- Unlike smoking, seeing vapor upon exhale is not always an effective way to determine if you’ve inhaled vapor. If you can taste the vapor and feel effects, then you know you have vapor.
- The Wisp is built with safety in mind, and must run through the full process to ensure the vapor and Wisp pod are at a safe temperature prior to removal from the base.
- Always wait until the screen says “Ready” prior to removing the vapor bottle and consuming the vapor.
- If you try to or do remove the vapor bottle prior to the system indicating that vaporization is complete and it is safe to remove the vapor bottle, you may damage your Wisp and possibly cause harm to yourself. In addition, by using the Wisp incorrectly, you void the warranty.
Technical - Setting Up
- The Wisp screen is designed to be used in normal, indoor lighting. If you’re using it outside, it will be difficult to read. If you’re using it inside and you’re still having trouble, check to make sure any protective film covering used for shipping your Wisp is removed.
- If it is and you’re still having trouble, please contact customer care.
- The Wisp screen is designed to be used in normal, indoor lighting. If you’re using it outside, it may be difficult to read.
- If you’re using it inside and you’re still having trouble, check to make sure any protective film covering used for shipping your Wisp is removed.
- If you’re still having trouble, please contact customer care.
- Please check to make sure any protective film covering the screen used for shipping your Wisp is removed.
- If you’re still having trouble, please contact customer care.
- Ensure the outlet your using is working correctly – for example, by plugging a lamp into the outlet and seeing if it turns on as expected – or try another outlet.
- If the Wisp still will not power on when plugged into an outlet confirmed to be working, there may be something wrong with the unit. Please contact our customer care department.
- We added the passcode as an option for people looking to ensure only authorized people in their household can vaporize with the Wisp. Examples of un-authorized users may be children, roommates or others.
- The security code option is accessible through the Settings gear icon on the Wisp home screen.
- Another way to ensure only authorized use is to secure your Wisp Pods by storing them in a discrete, child-proof or lockable location.
Technical - Vaporizing
- A small amount of vapor may leak from the device during the cool down process- the final stage of vaporization when you can hear the fan running. If you’re seeing a small amount of vapor during the cooldown period, your pod has been vaporized and your device is working properly.
- Always make sure you start the vaporization process with a fully deflated sleeve. You can deflate the sleeve manually by removing the top of the vapor bottle and flattening the sleeve with your hand before reinstalling the top of the sleeve and securing the vessel lid. Or, you can manually deflate the sleeve via inhalation.
- If you see an excess of vapor leaking from the base and/or vapor bottle during vaporization, check to ensure your Wisp Pod is properly secured in the vapor bottle to enable a tight seal, the foil lid is completely removed from the Wisp Pod, and the one-way valve at the top of the vapor bottle is not being forced open during the vaporization process. If the one-way valve is causing the leaks, please contact customer service.
- If the Wisp pod & vapor bottle are correctly inserted and the unit is still leaking, ensure the sleeve is installed correctly. Please check that the top ring is secure to the one-way valve gasket and the bottom ring is completely screwed into the vapor bottle’s inside base.
- If the sleeve isn’t properly installed, vapor can leak into the space between the vapor bottle and the sleeve, which then leaks out during pressurization and cooling, causing the visible vapor leak.
- If you have validated the sleeve’s proper installation but are observing vapor in the vapor bottle but outside of the sleeve, this indicates it is time to replace the sleeve with a new one.
- You may not see vapor even though it’s in the vapor bottle. But if you are not smelling, tasting and feeling the effects, then there was a problem with vaporization.
- Please ensure you’ve removed the foil lid from the Wisp pod completely and inserted it properly prior to vaporizing with your Wisp.
- First, remove the vapor bottle and turn the base upside down – ideally over a sink or somewhere safe – to see if anything that’s not supposed to be in the base shakes out. While you’re there, grab a flashlight and see if there’s anything (besides the protruding needle) sticking out of the inside of the base.
- Please don’t place your hand inside the base – the needle is sharp and the base may be hot if it’s recently been used.
- Next, try removing the Wisp Pod from the bottom of the vapor bottle– maybe it was seated incorrectly and was preventing the vapor bottle from lining up to the base.
- If the vapor bottle still won’t fit in the base, check to make sure the bottom and top components are correctly and evenly attached to the vapor bottle body – namely that they are properly lined up and screwed together.
- If you’re still having trouble, unplug the system and plug it back in. The base may have been stuck in the wrong position the last time it was used.
- Also, ensure the Wisp is positioned on a level surface.
- If the steps do not work, please contact customer service.
- Check to see if you’re receiving an error message, such as one for a Wisp Pod missing, new Wisp Pod needed, or sleeve missing or damaged. If during the vaporization process you are not seeing any error messages indicating the issue preventing vaporization, please contact customer service.
- This means the Wisp system is not detecting an unused or authorized Wisp pod in the vapor bottle. If you have a Wisp pod in the vapor bottle, ensure it is properly inserted, and is not already used. You can tell when a Wisp pod has already been vaporized when there is a hole in the bottom and the bottom is black.
- This means the system is detecting that the Wisp pod you are using has already been vaporized. Insert a new Wisp Pod to proceed with vaporization.
- You can tell when a Wisp pod has already been vaporized when there is a hole in the bottom and the bottom is black.
- This error means the system is not detecting a sleeve in the Wisp vapor bottle. This means the sleeve is either missing or not properly installed. Try removing and replacing the sleeve. If you need a sleeve and don’t have one, you can purchase one online at www.wispvapor.com.
- Wisp Pods are single-use. The bottom of the Wisp pods are treated such that they change color when vaporized. This is an intended change and enables protection from using a Wisp pod more than once.
- The visible vapor is a result of the properties of the material vaporized as well as the ratio of vapor to ambient air when inhaled.
- While products in the Wisp pod will produce vapor, it is not always visible either in the vapor bottle or upon inhale/exhale. Also vapor, unlike smoke, can be difficult to see, so your environment (i.e. lighting) may play a role.
- If you can taste the vapor and feel its effects, then you are inhaling the vapor.
- Make sure you’ve properly secured the Wisp Pod into the vapor bottle: the pod should be level to the bottom of the vapor bottle when you depress the side vapor bottle button and gently push the pod into place.
- The pod should make a “click” noise when it’s secured.
- If you’re still having trouble, check to ensure Wisp Pod does not have damage – for example, the top rim is not bent or dented – that may prevent it from securely attaching to the vapor bottle.
Technical - Other
- No – the Wisp vaporizes using dry heat. No water is needed. Water and liquids should never be added to the device. They will damage your Wisp and void the warranty, plus could cause a serious electrical issue that may result in personal and property damage.
- Yes, both the Quick Start Guideand full, more detailed Use & Care guides are available at wispvapor.com/customercare
- The Wisp will make noise when you plug it in, and during the vaporization process. These noises are a normal & expected part of the system’s operation. If you’re Wisp is working as expected, there are no issues.
- No, the Wisp is not serviceable at home. If you’re having problems with your system, please contact customer care.
- The warnings are there to ensure you do not place your hands or any objects into the base at any time.
- The inside of the base will be hot when a Wisp Pod is vaporized, and takes some time to cool down. Putting your hand or any object in the base could result in injury or other damage.
- The inside of the base also contains a needle, which punctures the Wisp pod and allows for airflow through the Wisp pod into the vapor bottle, resulting in vapor. The needle is sharp. Placing your hand in the base could result in injury and other damage.